Instrument Repairs at Kemtone Music
With over 50 years of experience, John Kemmet has served private as well as institutional clients with expert instrument repair. His attention to details guarantees quality workmanship.
Featured Instrument Repair
- Guitar and bass guitar set-ups including fret work, electronics, pick-ups and minor structural repairs
- Pedal steel guitar services including guitar set-ups, tuning, kneel and pedal adjustments, as well as trouble shooting
- Banjo set-ups, heads installed, 5th string capo’s. Complete neck and playing adjustments
- Flute, saxophone, clarinet repad, corks, and key adjustments
- Keyboard, amplifiers, PA system, and boards repaired
Pedal Steel Guitar
Our repair department can bring your pedal steel to proper working order. We can set your pedals and knee levers for you desired tuning. Volume pedal needs a new pot, no problem, they are in stock.
We repair a wide varieties of problems. Most common are broken machine head or lost gears. Next in line are the bridges that are lifting and replacement of bridge saddles on electric guitars. We can also handle wiring problems. Guitar set up is our specialty. We will check for proper intonation, string height. All set ups come with new strings and tuning.
We carry the right banjo head for your instrument. Our service department will clean and replace your old head and tune it. We have bridges and nuts on head as well as install D-Tuners and 5th string capos. If you banjo needs a set up, neck angle, tail piece set up for maximum volume. Se carry a banjo mute and string overtone silencer.